We're excited to announce a long requested feature in Local Line: payment options.
Payment options allow you to customize the payment methods you accept when customers order. For example, you may want to offer credit card, cash, e-transfer, or SNAP coupons as payment options when customers check out.
Previously, Local Line only offered the ability to pay by credit card at the time of checkout, or you could connect with customers after their order with payment instructions if you didn't offer credit card transactions.
We built this feature because:
1. In the era of COVID-19, many customers who used to pay cash are no longer doing so, and if you don't offer credit card transactions, that means you now have an extra step to coordinate the payment method and payment date with every customer. We want to cut down on any extra time spent coordinating your orders, so it made sense to add a feature to specify payment option at checkout.
2. More customers are shopping using food assistance coupon programs like SNAP in the United States, or FMNCP in parts of Canada. It became important to our customers that we have a clear checkout option for buyers using assistance programs so that farmers market vendors can easily report those sales at the end of each market day.
3. Generally, we are starting to see more diverse payment options being offered, and we want to be prepared to easily support new, popular methods of payment in the future. For example, payment methods like Apple Pay, Venmo, or Square's Cash App are becoming more popular, and we plan to support all of them so that it's as easy as possible for buyers to order from you.
Here's how to set up Payment Options:
- Go to My Store --> Payment Options.
- Click "Add Payment Option" and select the payment option you want.
- Select which catalogs you want the payment option to apply to.
- Click "Create" to create and save the payment method.
This is what buyers see at checkout:
Updates to Order Reports:
Included in this feature is an updated "Payment Option" column to all relevant order reports, including order summaries, invoices, and vendor payout reports. You can still mark invoices as paid like normal, but now you can also update the payment method if it changed, and can track your payment methods in all your reports.
We hope you love this feature! If you'd like to send us feedback or request future payment options for us to add, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get started with a free Local Line trial today!
Used by all types of local food suppliers, Local Line helps you accept online orders, communicate with customers, and organize your fulfillment.
The founder and CEO of Local Line, Cole's mission is to help every local food supplier profitably grow their business.